Updated: May 20, 2011
- ELT Services Japan Limited (hereinafter called the Company) adheres to laws and regulations related to the protection of personal information.
- We recognize the importance of personal information and, when we collect, use, or share your personal information, do it under strict control.
- We prevent and correct, if any, unlawful access to and loss, destruction, or leaks of your personal information.
- We will continuously review and improve the Company's Compliance Program.
ELT Services Japan Limited (hereinafter called the Company) pays utmost attention to
the protection of your personal information. What follows is the Company's policy
to treat personal information in all of our media on the Internet.
- Purposes of Use of Personal Information
- Information Disclosure and Sharing with a Third Party
- Management of Personal Information
- Editing and Deletion of Personal Information
1. Purposes of Use of Personal Information
The Company uses your personal information for the following purposes and if we are
to use your personal information otherwise, we will seek your consent on a personal
basis. The purposes are to:
- Confirm and fulfill your purchase orders for products or services
- Charge for products and services you purchased and confirm your payment
- Provide after-sales services, such as responding to your inquiries about products purchased
- Provide information about the Company's and suppliers' products, services, and campaigns
- Compile statistical information
- Distribute e-mail newsletters requested by users
- Provide information about the Company's and advertisers' products, services, and campaigns which seem to be useful for users
- Confirm your application for a party, seminar, or other events sponsored by the Company or other corporations or organizations
- Provide after-sales services, such as responding to your inquiries
- Provide related information
Request for Documents/Free Lessons
The personal information inputted by users is automatically transmitted to corporations or organizations who provide the concerned documents or free lessons. Each of said corporations or organizations uses the information solely for the following purposes, unless otherwise stated or the user's consent is obtained:
- Confirm the request, deliver documents requested, or provide services such as free lessons
- Provide after-sales services, such as responding to inquiries
- Provide information about related products, services, or campaigns
- Compile statistical information
- Survey the use of, and users' comments on, services provided by the Company and other corporations or organizations
- Provide the Company's services requested by users
- Send certain communications from the Company to users
- Send presents or rewards to users
- As a reference in compiling statistical information about the users of the Company web site
(This information may be used for detailing the Company's services to advertisers or other third parties or for other legitimate purposes. However, the statistical information does not include information that identifies individual users.)
2. Information Disclosure and Sharing with a Third Party
The Company does not disclose or provide personal information to a third party unless:
- The user approves the disclosure or sharing
- The user consigns handling of the whole or a part of the personal information to the Company within the limit for attaining the above-described purposes
- Disclosure or sharing is judged to be necessary for protection of rights, assets, or services of the Company and users
- Information is disclosed in an anonymous form
- Disclosure is required by laws and regulations
3. Management of Personal Information
The Company manages your personal information strictly and in a safe environment under supervision of the management representative.
The Company collects and transmits information which is thought to need protection using the industry standard cryptographic technology SSL (Secure Socket Layer) developed by Thawte, thus securing the information against leakage to a third party.
Information about Credit Cards
To ensure safer settlement and faster customer support, the Company commissions credit-card transactions to PayPal. Therefore the Company retains no personal information related to credit cards. For questions or claims related to credit cards, please contact the agent.
Information Disclosed in BBS
Please be reminded that personal information (including your name and e-mail address) disclosed in the BBS (bulletin board service) at your own judgment becomes public information. The Company is not responsible for any losses or damages incurred by the user's own disclosure of personal information.
4. Editing and Deletion of Personal Information
If you want to edit or delete the personal information you registered in the Company's web site, we will promptly meet your request according to the predetermined procedures. Please contact the Personal Information Management Office.
To prevent personal information from leaking out, we will edit or delete your personal information within a reasonable period only when it is confirmed that the request was made by yourself.
Unsubscribing from Newsletters
You can automatically and at any time unsubscribe from e-mail newsletters to which you have subscribed. Click here for details.
>> About cookies
In HTML-form newsletters the Company distributes, web beacons are used for statistically tabulating users' accesses. We may publicize statistically processed collective data obtained from web beacons. Such data do not contain information that can be associated with individual users.
>> About web beacons
The Company uses your IP addresses recorded on web logs mainly to find the causes of problems that occurred in web servers and solve them, and to manage the web site.
>> About IP addresses
If you have any questions about the protection of personal information, please contact the office shown below. Requests for editing or deletion of personal information are accepted only by the following Contact Form or by mail.
Head of Personal Information Management Office, Personal Information Management Office
ELT Services Japan Limited
To use the Contact Form, please click here.
Address: Hiro Daikanyama Building 3F, 1-17-10 Ebisunishi, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0021
Tel : 03-3770-8103 Fax : 03-3770-8101
(Office hours: 11AM-1PM, 3PM-6PM, excluding Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, and company summer and winter holidays)