February 07, 2011
The excellent "What Japan Thinks" blog has translated the results of an Internet survey of opinions on English education. The survey is divided into two parts: (1) the current situation for adults and (2) that related to children. Questions asked include:
• Do you think English ability is necessary in today’s society?
• Are you doing something concrete to improve your English ability?
• Do you think it will be necessary for children now of elementary age to have English ability when they become adults?
•How do you think Japan’s English ability will improve with English becoming compulsory for children in 5th and 6th year of elementary school?
Reported by: Russell Willis
See Survey Results:
• The English ability of this generation
• The English ability of the next generation
|Permalink | Send us your news | Leave a comment|