Visit ELTBOOKS - all Western ELT Books with 20% discount (Japan only)

December 02, 2010

UK introduces English test for non-European spouses, partners

Teaching-English-in-Japan-Visa" The UK Border Agency has introduced a new English language test for non-European migrants who apply for visas to enter or remain in the U.K. as a partner or spouse of a British citizen or a person settled there.

Those wishing to settle in the UK will need to show that they can speak and understand English through posession of qualification from a UK Border Agency-approved test provider. The list of approved test providers and further information are available on the UK Border Agency's website.

Reported by: Russell Willis

See Also:
UK Border Agency press release
Guidance for ESOL providers

Share this:  

« Previous | Main | Next »

Recent Headlines


Hedbanz / Charades
Helene J Uchida
Think Read Write
David Lisgo


Useful Links


  • ALTEThe Association of Language Testers in Europe
  • British CouncilInformation, resources, and links to other sites
  • Cambridge English Language AssessmentInformation on examination and qualifications for teachers and students
  • IALICInternational Association for Languages and Intercultural Communication
  • IALLTInternational Association for Language Learning Technology
  • IATEFL"Linking, developing and supporting" ELT professionals worldwide
  • TESOL IncPublishing, connecting, events and career development for teachers




World Today